1.12.13

CHILDHOOD TOYS WORKSHOP






Here is another workshop I ran during my artist residency…

I thought it would be fun for students to make 3-D wooden toys - something I experiment with myself from time to time. For this project, I asked students to bring in one of their very first childhood drawings. I used these to create templates of each toy, and cut them out in mdf. Once the toys were assembled and primed, students were free to paint them!

Above you can see some of the toys that were produced, plus the drawings they were based on. This was a fun little project that I really enjoyed developing with students. I like the fact that each toy is based on a student's own childhood, and is personal to them. I think the outcomes are great, and look strikingly similar to the original drawings!

No comments:

Post a Comment